Sep 21, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
nine months since Chris Pronger last took the ice for the Flyers, shut
down indefinitely while suffering from post-concussion syndrome. Over
that time, we’ve had to come to grips with the fact that the team
captain has likely played his last game. Worse yet, updates on his
health have been few, far between, and as bleak as “just hoping to have a
couple good days in a row.”
But on Thursday, GM Paul Holmgren revealed to The Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi that Pronger is beginning to show some improvement.
what Carchidi described as a “flicker of optimism,” Holmgren said
Pronger visited with a doctor in Pittsburgh a few days ago, possibly the
first good news we’ve heard since the 37 year old has been out. Still,
it’s clear he is no closer to playing hockey, and further details are non-existent.
“He’s doing better, but not to the point where he can think about playing” right now, Holmgren said.
Asked if there was a chance Pronger could do some skating in the near future, Holmgren said, it’s “too soon to consider that.”
we’ve voiced multiple times in the past, having Pronger back in Orange
and Black comes in a distant second to the man’s long-term health. We
hope if nothing else we can continue to share progress on his recovery
in the near future. There wasn’t much to it, but at least it’s a positive report for a change.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return