Sep 14, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
A bit of sad news for those of us who were hoping Ilya Bryzgalov would take his iPhone out on to the ice with him during a game and twitpic his view from between the pipes. The Flyers will be cracking down a bit on players and their tweeting habits during work.
According to Wayne Fish of the Courier Times, “the Flyers are going to make it clear to their
players that tweeting and texting during ‘business hours’’ will be
out of bounds.”
Hmm, no texting? What if you had to get in touch with your kid who was locked out of the house? We all know kids only talk to their parents via text messaging these days.
For real though, this could be a bit of a bummer, especially with the likable group of Flyers like Bryz and JVR who are very active on Twitter. Hopefully this will be more of a preemptive measure to prevent anything really bad happening rather than a total lockdown of all fun disseminating from Flyers’ players’ cell phones to Twitter.
An example of Bryzgalov’s tweets, “This is what I call golfing.” I think he means it in the same sense that I call sitting on my couch, doing nothing with my laptop “working.”
And this amazing tweet from Bryz the other day, “You don’t have to go to Amsterdam,we have lots mushrooms here in Philly.”
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money