Jan 13, 2012, 8:38 AM EDT
In the Winter Classic story we wish would go away, an arrest has been made on the Flyers fan side.
The story of the Rangers fans has grown since that night, with one being an Iraq war vet and off-duty cop named Neil Auricchio. He’s become something of a hero in the wake of the fight, getting a call from John Tortorella and some tickets to a Rangers game. No matter what started it, the outcome is unfortunate. Dude took a brick of a punch to the face and wound up in the hospital. But we do remain in the dark about what went down before the camera phones came out, on the exact degree to which this was an assault versus a fight, albeit one that ended with a brutal and unnecessary shot.
Now that an arrest has been made, we may get another side of the story, though its credibility will obviously be diminished, perhaps negligible, at this point. The guy has a couple of pretty serious priors, no Purple Hearts that we know of.
Flyers Fan Arrested in Winter Classic Fight [NBC Philadelphia]
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money