Apr 6, 2012, 9:26 PM EDT
Well that didn’t take long.
The Flyers have been a noticeably different team since acquiring defenseman Nicklas Grossmann from Dallas shortly before the trade deadline. He’s only been around a little over a month, but general manager Paul Holmgren has apparently seen all he’s needed to award Grossmann a four-year, $14 million contract, according to CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio.
We imagine we’ll have a longer analysis over the weekend, but the gut reaction says that this could signal the end for Matt Carle, who was already dicey to return given the team’s cap situation and the extension previously granted to Braydon Coburn, as a Flyer.
Then again, it’s the Flyers — so speculation on future plans is totally worthless.
While the team is surely happy to have secured Grossmann’s services moving forward, they’ll be even happier to get him back in the lineup for the playoffs next week. He’s currently listed as day-to-day with an unspecified LBI.
Thoughts on using “gross” and the new “sick?”
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money