Apr 30, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
After the Philadelphia 76ers radio broadcasts switched over to 97.5 The Fanatic from their previous home on 94.1 WIP for their first playoff game against the Bulls on Saturday, the Flyers announced this evening that they’ll also be making the same jump from WIP to 97.5 on the FM dial. The Flyers, however, will finish out this postseason run on WIP before jumping to the Fanatic for the 2012-2013 season.
So much for WIP being able to tout all four major teams in town broadcasting live games on their airwaves. That lasted about a month.
Comcast-Spectacor President and C.O.O. Peter Luukko was a guest on Mike Missanelli’s show this evening to announce the move to The Fanatic.
“We’re very, very, very excited,” Luukko said of the move, using the word “very” three times.
“For us to be on FM is so important to us,” he added.
One source told us that the Flyers organization was not pleased to get bumped from 94.1 FM to 610 AM in favor of the Phillies radio broadcasts over the past few weeks.
This likely means very little to the casual fan who likes to tune in to listen to games on the radio while driving around town or grilling in your backyard, as the actual crews calling the games remain the same. Tom McGinnis will still handle the Sixers broadcasts while Tim Saunders and Bundy will still handle Flyers duties.
The interesting angle here is how having both of the Wells Fargo Center teams on their airwaves could help the shows leading into and coming out of live game action on 97.5 The Fanatic. If you’re into that sort of thing…
— Howard Eskin (@howardeskin) April 30, 2012
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages