Apr 11, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
One of the absolute best scenes in HBO’s 24/7 series leading up to the Flyers-Rangers big Winter Classic matchup was getting a peak in to the Philadelphia locker room following a nice win. HBO gave us a chance to see our orange and black celebrate with teammates, dance like kids, and just look generally goofy and giddy all while listening to Mac Miller’s “Knock, Knock” song on the iPod.
The Flyers have taken that tradition and put it on the front of their 2012 Stanley Cup Playoff t-shirts.
The Daily News’ Frank Seravalli snapped the photo of the shirt to your right prior to this evening’s match up with the Penguins in game one in Pittsburgh. The “16 Knock Knocks” means that the Flyers will get to listen to that song after winning 16 more games this season, the same number that would allow them to hoist Lord Stanley’s Cup for the first time in decades.
Seravalli also talks about the nice touch on the sleeve of the shirt, “According to equipment manager Derek Settlemyre, the quote on the right sleeve, which is “What a Great Day,” originates from Jaromir Jagr‘s mouth daily.”
The Flyers will reportedly wear the shirts under their gear during the playoffs. Sadly, they will not be made available to the public.
16 more knock, knocks, please. Giddy up.
From the Archives: 24/7 Instant Classic: Flyers’ Celebration Dance Party
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
|FlyersFan on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|rw on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money