Apr 11, 2012, 1:25 PM EST
One of the absolute best scenes in HBO’s 24/7 series leading up to the Flyers-Rangers big Winter Classic matchup was getting a peak in to the Philadelphia locker room following a nice win. HBO gave us a chance to see our orange and black celebrate with teammates, dance like kids, and just look generally goofy and giddy all while listening to Mac Miller’s “Knock, Knock” song on the iPod.
The Flyers have taken that tradition and put it on the front of their 2012 Stanley Cup Playoff t-shirts.
The Daily News’ Frank Seravalli snapped the photo of the shirt to your right prior to this evening’s match up with the Penguins in game one in Pittsburgh. The “16 Knock Knocks” means that the Flyers will get to listen to that song after winning 16 more games this season, the same number that would allow them to hoist Lord Stanley’s Cup for the first time in decades.
Seravalli also talks about the nice touch on the sleeve of the shirt, “According to equipment manager Derek Settlemyre, the quote on the right sleeve, which is “What a Great Day,” originates from Jaromir Jagr‘s mouth daily.”
The Flyers will reportedly wear the shirts under their gear during the playoffs. Sadly, they will not be made available to the public.
16 more knock, knocks, please. Giddy up.
From the Archives: 24/7 Instant Classic: Flyers’ Celebration Dance Party
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages