Apr 4, 2011, 3:39 PM EST
Although their most recent effort wasn’t
disappointing (at least not for me), the outcome certainly was, and the
Flyers are in search of some rebound action tonight in New Jersey after
getting blanked by the Thrashers at home. Here’s hoping for a lot of
fight and a little justice from the law of averages. With zero goals on
43 shots last night, maybe the Flyers can open it up and find the top
shelf, five-hole, or just about any vacant space between Johan Hedberg
and his posts.
Yep, it’s Hedberg again. If this is to be his final NHL season, it
will oddly end with Martin Brodeur not having started once against the
Flyers in six meetings.
He relieved Hedberg in a January game, allowing no goals in 44 minutes,
but other than that, our final memory of Brodeur could be dispatching
him and the Devils in last year’s playoffs. I can live with that. Marty
has previously said he’ll be back next season, so we’ll see.
Meanwhile, Hedberg hasn’t started since February, but Jacques Lemaire
has decided to give him a go tonight. Brian Boucher will start for the
Flyers, with Sergei Bobrovsky having started last night.
It’s Friday night, and we spent last night watching the Flyers get
shut out. Just like that Japanese director wanted from Bob Harris, we
want more… INTENSITY. If Lost In Translation references don’t get you going, how ’bout some Ween?
|MJS on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|romanKanai on Michael Young Is Posting Some…|
|Jason R. on We’re comparing Michael…|
|BenE. on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages