Mar 28, 2011, 10:18 PM EDT
Coming off of back-to-back shootout losses to the two teams directly behind them in the standings, the Flyers have a busy weekend with a pair of games against a dog and a contender. The Bruins are on deck for tomorrow, which makes tonight’s matchup on Long Island your cliché trap game. The Isles are pulling up the rear of the division, as is their custom, but the Flyers have been vulnerable lately so anything is possible tonight.
Personally, I think the Flyers are more likely to be looking back at the last two games than they are to be looking ahead to the Bruins tomorrow, and that’s a good thing. They could have and should have won both. In regulation. Hopefully that will help them find the motivation they have at times lacked lately, and we’ll see them take it out on the Isles. Dave Isaac says Bob is in net for the Flyers.
There’s a tough week ahead, with six games between tonight and next Sunday. We could all use a little confidence booster to start that run. And I guess some Flaming Lips.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money