Apr 15, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
We’ve already covered many of our thoughts heading into tonight’s series opener between the Flyers and the Sabres at the Wells Fargo Center. The Orange & Black left us with more questions than we’d have wanted to end the regular season, but I think that most of us know they are still good enough to come out hot, and from there, who knows what could happen. I still firmly believe this team has the talent to win it all, although I’m just interested in tonight at the moment. What I know for sure is that last year’s playoff run was one of the great times in our lives as Flyers fans, and that’s all I’m focusing on now that the 2011 postseason is about to begin.
I don’t care about the losses down the stretch or really anything aside from the promise of another great ride with the possibility of something that would top any previous Flyers experience for those of us born after the mid-70s glory days.
Rather than worry about a rookie goalie, I’m thinking about how the NHL has seen some kids really step up between the pipes and make history for their franchises this time of year. I’m thinking about what Bob’s legacy would be if he joined those ranks. I don’t mean to get ahead of myself, rather just to head into the postseason with great expectations rather than concerns. If the latter await, there’s nothing anyone can do about it now. Time to just jump in.
There’s also been concern over the Flyers’ recent record at home. Those of us who will be heading to the games need to help turn that all around by making the atmosphere something they have no choice but to respond to. One of the great thrills of being a fan is going to a Flyers playoff game. The place can just go absolutely insane. I think we can still take it up a notch though, and that starts with this series—tonight if you have tickets. Be the one getting loud early. Everyone else wants to, they might just need someone to start it up
We’re all also really looking forward to what we hope is another great postseason ride with all our readers and commenters. One of the things that gets us going is reading your thoughts, good and bad, about these games and players.
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
|BenE. on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|Tom on #AskFakeWIPCaller: A Philly Sp…|
|Tom on Must See TV – Reggie Whi…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages