Jul 9, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
Former Flyers Coach Fred Shero was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame this afternoon. He’ll join players Chris Chelios, Scott Niedermayer, Brendan Shanahan, and woman’s hockey pioneer Geraldine Heaney as this year’s inductees.
Many younger hockey fans know him as the guy who led the Flyers to their only Stanley Cups, perhaps most remembered for his now legendary chalk board message, “Win together today!!! and we walk together forever!!!” prior to Stanley Cup Game game 6 in ’74.
Eric Lindros was not elected this year.
More on Shero’s honor over at CSN.
The reaction to Shero’s inclusion was relief.
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|nyphilsphan on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages