Nov 17, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Ilya Brygalov is an interesting Russian cat who seems to enjoy sharing his thoughts on many subjects with the media — so much so that the Flyers even tried to cut back on his availability earlier in the season. So it’s no surprise he came out and admitted facing his former team was going to be “special.” You don’t get that out of many athletes who downplay facing their former team as “just another game.”
But Bryz isn’t like many other athletes. He wears his emotions on his sleeve.
“Game No. 18 tomorrow,” Bryzgalov kidded about facing the Coyotes. “No, it’s special, it’s my former team, I have lots of friends. I can’t forget the time I played there. It was good years. Like I said before, lots of good friends that worked in the organization. It is going to be a very special game, yeah.”
What will your emotions be like, Bryz?
“I don’t know,” he replied. “I guess mine will be a little stressed to see. The Phoenix Coyotes. The other side. You’re in a different jersey. Ah, I don’t know.”
While Bryzgalov has moved on to be the Flyers high-priced number one guy, the man brought in to replace him in Phoenix, Mike Smith, has done a nice job. Smith is 8-2-3 with a 2.19 GAA.
Former relationships aside, tonight’s game features two pretty hot teams. The Flyers are returning from a pair of nice road wins, trailing the Penguins by just 2 points in the Atlantic, while Phoenix is coming off two wins in a row as well and trail the Stars by a point for the Pacidic lead. PHX has also been playing very well on the road, winners of five straight on enemy ice.
Puck drops at 7:00 from the WFC on CSN. Good to get the puck moving back in South Philly.
Here’s Bryz talking about facing his former team:
|Chris on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages