Nov 23, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
Coming off a pair of losses to two weaker NHL clubs, the Flyers get a crack at one of the absolute worst tonight up in Long Island. As is their custom, the Islanders are playing woefully bad hockey and currently sit in the cellar of the Eastern Conference with just 13 points on five wins.
In their last two games, the Isles have been shut out 6-0 and 5-0 by the Bruins and Penguins, respectively. They’ve won just twice this month, hell, just twice since the middle of October. The Flyers have scored more than twice as many goals in two more games (73 vs 35), with the Islanders posting the fewest goals in the league, averaging less than two per contest.
In other words, the Flyers should be able to reverse their two-game skid tonight. Of course, the Eagles lost to the Cardinals, so… let’s not take anything for granted. Below, a look at goalies, lineup notes, and what the Mets Islanders will be wearing tonight.
Ilya Bryzgalov gets the start in net for the Flyers, facing Rick DiPietro. Look for the Isles to try get the game trending rough. They’ve called up Michael Haley to provide a spark. Katie Strang of ESPN says Brian Rolston, Marty Reasoner, and Nino Niederreiter won’t play.
Chris Pronger did not make the trip, still bothered by a virus. Braydon Coburn and Jaromir Jagr will suit up, per Neil Hartman.
AS IF ISLANDERS FANS NEEDED ANOTHER REASON NOT TO BUY A JERSEY
Finally, the Isles will debut a new third jersey tonight. Mostly black, it has the full team name rainbowed over the front.
Looks pretty freaking weird without the logo if you ask me, but it beats the fisherman travesty. As for the black/blue/orange combo… pretty reminiscent of the black Mets jerseys (no longer in use), so it shouldn’t be too hard to get your feelings in order about tonight’s opponent.
We’re headed out for the night, so it might be a little quiet with the posts later on. Should be around for a few tomorrow though. Happy Thanksgiving, all.
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mostel on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return