Dec 15, 2011, 5:58 PM EST
After last night’s venture into the theatrical corners of the NHL, we’re right back in the swing of real time regular season games. I don’t know about you, but 24/7 really got us ready to watch the Flyers and maybe break some stuff tonight, muttering Lavvy’s philosophies over and over.
The matchup and venue are no letdown, either. The boys are in Montreal, one of the best hockey environments in the world, ready to face the Canadiens in front of a venomous crowd. Can’t help but think of how this will play out on next week’s episode. For now though, there’s a winning streak to keep alive, and nothing will come easy with all of the injuries the Flyers have absorbed.
A look at the matchup, and some speculation on Chris Pronger below.
First, the Pronger stuff. Reports from TSN in Canada are hinting at the Flyers’ captain possibly missing the remainder of the season. We’re not sure what’s being updated here, as Sarah Baicker points out. His status is already said to be “out indefinitely.” But, we’re not concussion experts and have no idea what would indicate to a doctor that a player should not be active at any time in the next six months. Still, Bob McKenzie isn’t known for blowing smoke.
Even if the Flyers provide an update refuting the “season possibly over” whispers, it won’t make them false. Until they say he’s done for the season, it won’t be true.
Back to the lecture at hand…
One of last night’s big stars gets the night off in Montreal, his first in a while. Sergei Bobrovsky will get the turn in net. He beat the Habs in Philly on Black Friday, 3-1.
The Canadiens have had seven of their losses come in overtime or the shootout this season, including their most recent three, all of which came in the SO. They’ve won their last two games, but they only beat the Devils and Islanders, so, not exactly setting the world on fire. They’ve won just three of their last nine games.
Carey Price has been getting most of the starts, including the last six.
Montreal’s PK unit has been elite so far this season, second best in the league. Their power play? Not so much, at 28th.
Can the Flyers stay hot despite the mounting injuries? We’ve seen nothing to indicate they can’t… Hopefully Bob can tack another win to the board tonight, shut those miserable Habs fans up early…
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|BenE. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages