Oct 18, 2011, 2:24 PM EST
Expect to see Sergei Bobrovsky sitting in the upper deck of the Ottawa arena with his catching glove on prior to game time. He is starting his first game of the season tonight as the Flyers take on the Senators.
While it’s easy to feel bad for the kid who earned a starting job out of camp last season but lost it to a big-name, big-money, big-years signing the next off-season, the end result for the Flyers and their fans is one of the best goaltending tandems in the league. It’s great not to take a step back when a workhorse starter needs a break, nor to have your team’s fortunes focus entirely on the health of one goalie.
Even the guys who regularly put in huge workloads can break down at a moment’s notice, and the flyers have great insurance in Bob.
Plus, he was one of the more likable players and exciting story lines to develop from the start of last season, so he certainly has his share of fans walking around the Wells Fargo Center rocking his sweater. Hopefully he can get himself off to a hot start tonight and get the Flyers back to their winning ways.
|dialectician on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages