Apr 11, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
With Pennsylvania about to explode, we begin our postseason coverage with a piece by the Internet’s Fourth Line, your friends and mine, Flyers Goal Scored By, who will be chipping in and doing some dirty work in the corners here at the Level during the 2012 playoffs. Get ready.
“Tonight’s gonna come down to some specific things. I don’t have a board, it’s not about drawing something up, it’s about the competitive spirt that you bring, and it’s that simple.”
The Hockey Gods have blessed us with a Flyers and Penguins first round series. Aside from an extra large order of crab fries, what more could you ask for? Two familiar foes that just flat out hate each other will battle in a best of 7 in what is easily the best first round match up of this years Stanley Cup playoffs.
“If we compete and we skate and we’re in the in the game, and that’s when we can kick the sh*t out of this team. Make sure from the start that we’re ready to play“
It can be argued that Pittsburgh is the best team in the NHL. They have the offensive depth to outscore anyone. They have a proven goalie and a good coaching staff (but maybe not the toughest). There are three sentences in a row that are positive about the Penguins. We have fulfilled our contractual obligation and will never speak another good word about them.
“You can look at where we’re at here a couple of different ways. You get one shift in: it’s. just. hockey. It’ll just be another game, you have to play it hard you gotta be ready. And saying that, you get one crack at it.“
As we saw in the regular season, the Flyers match up well with the Penguins. They are one of a handful of teams that can keep pace with them on the scoreboard. Both teams score off the rush extremely well. Both teams have good-if-not-great special teams. The winner of this series will be the one who stays out of the penalty box the most.
“We are not a conservative team. We are a let’s f*cking giddy up and go type of team.“
We are going on the record in saying that we are not afraid of the Penguins this year. Sid and Geno and Neal yeah yeah yeah. There are big time flaws in this Penguins team. We believe their defense to be very suspect after the Letang – Orpik pairings. We believe Marc-Andre Fluery is not as sharp as he was in years past. We believe our 3rd and 4th lines are much better than the Pens 3rd & 4th line. Yes, Philly is considered the underdog, but that is a role perfectly suited for this club. That underdog mentality fits perfectly into what Coach Laviolette has preached all year.
“Play for each other, support each other, come back to the bench f*cking dripping tired. F*cking sweating from exhaustion. Put your foot on the f*cking gas.”
Three hundred and forty man-games lost due to injury or illness, including a missing Captain. A goalie lost in the woods. The trials and tribulations of the regular season have led us here, to a war of attrition with our interstate rivals. We ask again, what more could you ask for?
Let’s giddy up and f*cking go, Flyers.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages