Jan 16, 2013, 3:00 AM EDT
Wednesday, January 16th’s Google Doodle of the day is a fun little video game of sorts honoring the 112th birthday of Frank Zamboni, the inventor of the now famous ice resurfacer bearing his name which was introduced way back in 1949. He passed away in 1988.
I am willing to bet the fact that the NHL season kicks off in just a few days may have something to do with the hockey-themed doodle.
The point of the little game is to try and clean all of the skate marks off of the ice before the Zamboni runs out of gas. It’s easy at first, but once the hockey players show up and the banana peels get left behind Mario-Kart-style it gets a bit tougher.
I gave up once I got to the second hockey level as I had important blog posts to write.
Anything interesting happen after that level?
|Andrew Kulp on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|ochospantalones on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|iglue on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return