Apr 28, 2011, 2:11 PM EST
Prior to the opening round playoff series between the Flyers and Sabres, many fans in Philadelphia probably really appreciated and maybe even liked Ryan Miller for his efforts as Team USA’s goalie in the most recent Olympics, and respected him long before that as the type of goaltender the Flyers need to add. Six games into an opening round playoff series filled with trash talk, whining, and a few shutouts, however, I think any residual local love affair with Miller was dead heading into game 7.
So it was with plenty of enjoyment that we watched Miller get chased from the net in the playoffs for the first time in his career last night. Even more enjoyable was seeing Danny Briere give him a little pat on the back of the helmet after the game’s first goal, and especially Dan Carcillo punking him with a head fake later on. Videos after the jump.
Now, I don’t think Briere’s love tap on his ex-teammate’s head was meant in any dickish way, and Miller’s lack of any reaction more or less confirms that. They also seemed to share a moment in the post-series handshake line that likely resolved a disagreement from earlier in the series. But that doesn’t make it any less funny for us to see Briere skate behind Miller after a goal and give him a pat on his way through.
Briere won the faceoff and went to the net. Braydon Coburn’s point shot got there at about the same time, beating Miller. Danny coasted through the crease, and…
After the game, Briere said it was just a little excitement after the goal, that he didn’t say anything to Miller. He didn’t really need to…
There, there, Ryan. It’ll all be over soon.
Carcillo’s activity on the other hand left little to be pondered. Miller has been active in throwing punches and shoves all series, and he got his gloves up on Carcillo behind the net here. Chico knew better than to get physical in retaliation and instead gave him a head fake we could see from the upper deck:
There was some history between the two this series…
Oh, and both guys scored. Again. (Although Carcillo’s came against Jhonas Enroth.)
This game could not have been any sweeter after the roller coaster first six games…
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages