May 10, 2012, 3:51 PM EST
Paul Holmgren held his end-of-year presser this afternoon and touched on pretty much every issue surrounding the Flyers in 2012 and beyond.
Of particular interest, Homer believes too much is put into the captaincy business. Whether Claude Giroux is ready to wear the ‘C’ or not appears to be of little interest to the GM. It’s Pronger’s until he hangs up his skates for good and really, the ‘C’ being on one guy or another doesn’t win you hockey games.
He also touched on Ilya Bryzgalov, noting that he believes we’ll see a better Bryz next season, pointing towards a one-year adjustment that seems to happen when coming to Philadelphia as Danny Briere and others can attest to. [video below]
“I don’t think there’s any question Ilya will be better next year. Did he play as good as I expected this year? I’d probably say no,” Holgmgren said. “There’s an adjustment period.”
There was also a kind of funny line from Homer about Bryz’s personality being a little out there and how at times it may need to be pulled in a bit to focus on hockey. It inspired the below photoshop.
— Dan McQuade (@dhm) May 10, 2012
‘shop by @dhm
|Steve on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on The ‘Group of Death…|
|MJS on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages