Apr 26, 2011, 6:01 PM EST
Ian Laperriere is one of three finalists for the NHL’s Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy which is given out to the player who “exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to the sport of hockey.” Lappy joins former Flyers Ray Emery and Daymond Langkow as the three finalists for the award this season.
It’s great to still have Lappy so present with this Flyers team, not just because we like him, but because he’s a reminder of the work ethic that is expected and unfortunately, the sacrifice.
You can read the letter Anthony SanFilippo sent on behalf of his fellow Philadelphia hockey writers about Lappy’s candidacy for the award. It’s pretty neat, and shows the high regard with which Lappy is held in this city. Be sure to give Lappy an extra chant during Flyers’ pregame tonight in the AT&T Pavillion.
We’re also glad to see Ray Emery’s career back on track. The Flyers took a gamble on him last season, but his time here, and nearly his playing career, was cut short by injury. No matter what team a guy is currently playing for, it’s hard not to embrace what it means to earn this often overlooked NHL award.
|kammergame on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|Eagles Nation on If Bill Conlin Is Suspended, H…|
|Marvin Monroe on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|33 on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Video: Claude Giroux with the goal of the year in crazy Flyers' comeback win over Blue Jackets
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola