Apr 19, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
So it comes down to this. Since the Flyers managed to get
blanked on Thursday night by a New Jersey Devils squad that hadn’t picked up a
win in their previous 10 tries, they will need some remarkable luck to remain
in playoff contention for much longer.
The New York Rangers can mathematically eliminate Philly
with a win in any of their next five games, or any two points actually, which
would be bad enough on its own. Considering the Rags’ only remaining opponents
are all in similar or worse position than the Flyers, this seems incredibly
likely to happen.
It could all be over as quickly as tonight while the Rangers
are in Buffalo, playing a Sabres team that is actually the hottest opponent left
on their slate. From there New York has two dates with New Jersey, and one each
against Carolina and Florida, the two worst clubs in the Eastern Conference.
That’s not even looking at other scenarios, as Philly trails Jersey, Buffalo, and Winnipeg — the latter by the same number of points as New York. At this point it’s not a matter of who as much as when, and the countdown is on.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages