Jun 23, 2011, 4:56 PM EST
Ed Snider got the No. 1 goalie he’s always wanted as the Flyers have reportedly come to an agreement with Ilya Bryzgalov on a 9-year, $51 million deal. Info from Flyers beat man Anthony SanFilippo’s source, who adds that an agreement is in place but hasn’t officially been signed.
While the 9-years is a head-scratcher upon first glance, the cap hit is a decent one. As we learned today, long-term deals don’t exactly mean a whole lot in the NHL.
The Flyers gained a goalie today, but lost two of their most beloved players along the way. You have to wonder if that stigma will hang over Ilya down the road.
more as we hear it…
|2sentz on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages