Ilya Bryzgalov Hasn’t Forgotten About That Time the Press Wrote About His Thoughts on Monkeys in Space
Dec 11, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Quote Taylor Swift: “This is exhausting.”
The last time we addressed Ilya Bryzgalov’s dealings with the KHL media, I suggested we send Tim Panaccio to Russia and told Michael Leighton to put his pads on.
Well, the Flyers’ franchise goaltender — not Leighton — is back in the news for his latest exchange with the Russian media.
Late Sunday night, a report or two questioned whether Bryzgalov had gotten injured in Russia, considering his name was removed a European tournament roster following a health exam. Someone who speaks Russian (hard-hitting journalism here) tweeted at Sam Carchidi, after he posited the injury question, to let him know Bryz was just sick with a virus that had been going around his team’s locker room.
Sports Express: Why are not you on the team? You have really a health problem?
Bryzgalov: Sorry, but, unfortunately, I’m not ready to talk in detail with the press.
The thing is that now I am in the Mission Control Center, you wrote about in our last interview. Astronaut suit on me. And you will understand that it disturbs me to communicate.
Deadspin speculates Bryzgalov is possibly referring to a story from last May, when he said during the Flyers’ playoff run that he would have liked to have been an astronaut had he not become a goaltender. You may remember this related photoshop.
Doesn’t seem like the Russian or Philly beat writers are in for any majors changes any time soon and Bryzgalov still has eight years left on his nine-year, $51 million deal.
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|G_E on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|G_E on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages