Dec 15, 2011, 12:05 AM EDT
While we all knew he had potential, Ilya Bryzgalov was clearly the breakout star of HBO’s 24/7 Flyers/Rangers on Wednesday night as he waxed poetic about the universe and… killing tigers.
I want to go to Mars with Ilya Bryzgalov. Or at least to the Russian vodka bar.
The following clip starts with Peter Laviolette talking about his goalie and how interesting he tends to be.
“I really enjoy him. He’s a funny guy. He was telling me today about the universe,” Lavy said of Bryz.
Then the Flyers netminder really makes you think about just how unimportant that one little puck that got by him on Saturday night is. [videos below]
“I don’t know, right now I am very into the universe, like how it was created, like what is it,” Bryzgalov said.
“The solar system is sooo humongous big, right. But if you see our solar system and our galaxy on the side, it was so small.”
Like dot in the universe, man.
Dude. I love this guy.
“Be happy right now,” he says. How can we not?
Then there was the whole strange Russian liquor thing and getting the death penalty for killing tigers in China. Or something. Who cares, we love this guy.
“If you kill the tiger and they find you, you’re dead. That’s it.”
UPDATE: Our man Rev did some digging on the bottle of booze Bryz was holding and found this, translated via Google of course.
It appears to be a balm of sorts: “Translates as medicine, as well as thick fragrant juice dissolved in essential oils of resins and other vegetable substances.
The fact that the balms are likely to curative rather than alcoholic
beverages, said that they focused solely on manufacturing chemists,
aware of the healing properties of herbs.”
Props to FlyersinHD for uploading all of these fantastic videos.
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money