Oct 3, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Working on confirming or debunking, but, word in Philly is Bryzgalov is about to sign an East Coast Hockey League contract in Las Vegas.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) October 3, 2013
So, um, I reached out to Bryz’s agent Ritch Winter about the Bryz-to-Vegas reports, and he replied, simply, with ” :-) “
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) October 3, 2013
Bryzgalov was on the receiving end of the largest buyout in NHL history, one that will pay him $1.6 million per year for the next 14 years. So money clearly isn’t the issue.
If this is real, maybe it’s a way keep his skills at least a little sharp while he auditions for NHL teams? Whatever the reason, it’s certainly a strange turn of events.
And as long as we’re here, we might as well learn a little about the Wranglers, who are an independent club and have no official NHL or AHL affiliation. First off, killer logo:
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money