May 9, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
The English translations of Ilya Bryzgalov’s interviews with the Russian media are always fairly fascinating. You just get the sense that he’s more comfortable talking to them or not afraid to tell them exactly how he feels. Or maybe he just doesn’t have to mince words. He can just say exactly what he thinks.
Puck Daddy has a translation today from a Russian news outlet that makes you want to pull for the guy who, let’s be honest, is overly scrutinized in this town. My only real thoughts on that though, seem to be it’s an unavoidable part of the job in Philadelphia. If you’re the goalie of the Flyers or the quarterback of the Eagles, you’re going to need to have some thick skin. I think Bryz has that for the most part, but he does seem to get bothered by it at times.
Here are two quotes from the chat. Click here for the whole thing.
Q. Is there a serious longstanding conflict between the Philadelphia media and yourself?
BRYZ: “A conflict? A “broken telephone” exists everywhere. I’d say we have a very complex relationship.”
That seems fair to me.
Do you try to avoid the Internet altogether?
“What do you mean? I am not completely removed from the world. If I need to find something, I use the internet to do that.”
How long can you be without the Internet?
“A week. I am quite self-sufficient.”
But he’s no Paul Miller.
|Marvin Monroe on The ‘Group of Death…|
|MJS on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ThatGuy on The ‘Group of Death…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages