May 31, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
It’s Friday afternoon, soon time to pick up your reward for a week well done: a few cold beverages. Well here’s a story to raise your glass to this weekend.
Philly.com’s Justin Klugh has a cool feature on the site today about a local home brewer named Paul Lahm. What makes Lahm special is twofold. Number one, his beers have gained some recognition on the Philly beer circuit.
Number two, all of his concoctions have Flyers-themed names.
Some are more obvious than others, such as Lahm’s Fly-P-A. Others are quite clever, like Danny Briere’s Fist Pump-kin Ale. Ilya Bryzgalov’s Why You Hefe To Be Mad Hefeweizen on the other hand is pure poetry.
Klugh’s piece is definitely worth a read, or you can jump right into a photo gallery of labels that celebrate Flyers current (Claude Giroux, Jake Voracek, even Zac Rinaldo) and old (Ron Hextall and the Broad Street Bullies).
Even NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman gets his due.
Seriously fun stuff here. I wouldn’t mind an invitation myself to sample some of Lahm’s beers, but I guess I’ll have to look for him at an area homebrew competition.
>> Flyers fan brewing a winner [Philly.com]
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|33 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|sfsu on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return