May 1, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
There were stories suggesting Ilya Kovalchuk was playing hurt in the series against Florida, and he looked terrible in game 1 against the Flyers.
Both the team and the player were, as is the norm in the NHL, particularly the playoffs, mum on the nature of the injury.
To the untrained eye, Kovy didn’t seem to be laboring terribly or favoring an injury. His mistakes at times seemed mental, with the NBC broadcast highlighting several key misfires and giveaways. Injuries can of course lead to those kinds of mistakes though.
The official word from the Devils is that Kovy is out with a lower-body injury.
Lamoriello confirms Kovalchuk out. Said he got hurt middle of last round. Groin is concensus
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) May 1, 2012
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money