Mar 9, 2013, 9:23 PM EST
“Like Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans, HE WILL FIND US.” — Jon Stewart
Following their 3-0 loss to Boston on Saturday, the Flyers recalled Michael Leighton and reassigned Brian Boucher to the far reaches of northern New York.
Lord Voldemort started the season as the Flyers’ backup goaltender but was placed on injured reserve on Feb. 10 after sustaining a UBI in practice. In his only action, Leighton stopped just 21 of 26 shots in a 5-1 loss to the Lightning.
Boucher made four appearances for the Flyers thereafter, three of which came in relief of Ilya Bryzgalov. Boosh — as lovable as he is and a Flyer-for-life — did nothing in those four appearances to convince the fans or the organization that he has much left in the tank.
This all takes us back to Bryzgalov, who leads the league in games played (24) but now owns a horrid .899 save percentage and has evidenced a genuine inability to stop anyone one-on-one.
Consequently, it’s possible Leighton gets the nod in net Sunday at Buffalo. The call-up would seem to suggest that’s in the cards. Posts are unlikely to be hugged.
We mentioned earlier this week that the Flyers need to re-evaluate their personnel in an effort to better help Bryzgalov. Though it seems doubtful, the team has to hope Leighton will be able to spell him every now and again. If not, we’re likely in for more of the same, with Bryz’s games-played total climbing as his save percentage continues to plummet. In either case, they’re in a bad place right now.
Cue amnesty considerations and watch this video, which is specifically included for the 2:20 mark.
|Jon on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|TS on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|duffman on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|33 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages