Aug 16, 2011, 9:47 PM EST
InGoal Magazine posted a link to the site of Stephane Bergeron of La Griffe Originale, which appears to contain images of Ilya Bryzgalov’s new Philadelphia Flyers mask.
Prominent on each side is a green-eyed tiger, whose stripes appear to have a tribal-tattoo-like quality. The ones on the face look kinda Tyson-ish… On the chin is his trademark “BRYZ,” and a Flyers logo adorns the space just above the cutout. There’s no confirmation at this time as to whether the mask is officially that of Bryzgalov. Other pictures in Bergeron’s portfolio include previous Bryzgalov masks, including a special holiday edition and his recent Phoenix Coyotes iterations, with artwork from his kids adorning the sides.
Hat tip to Sean Leahy of Puck Daddy. Time’s yours.
Update: Based on the comment left overnight by Bill, we checked in with Drummond Custom Airbrush, who confirmed that they are working on a mask for Bryzgalov as well.
Update 2: InGoal has updated their original post to include the reason for the tiger adorning the mask, as told relayed by the artist:
While the double-headed eagle is commonly considered to as the emblem of Russia, the Siberian tiger certainly has its place in the region’s history. Who am I to argue with what a Russian claims is his emblem anyway?
Sergei Bobrovsky’s New Mask: Hope You All Like Top Gun References!
Sergei Bobrovsky’s New Mask Featuring Sideshow Bob and Rocky Balboa
Ray Emery’s New Flyers Goalie Mask Pays Homage to Philly Boxing Greats
Ray Emery’s New(er) Mask Pays Homage to Philly Goaltending Greats
Michael Leighton’s New Mask
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages