Jan 31, 2012, 6:35 PM EST
Perhaps trying once and for all to determine which team has rightful claim to NHL flight-related nomenclature superiority, the Flyers and Winnipeg Jets have combined to score 17 and 10 goals in their two previous matchups this season. Perhaps more important than even that high distinction, the Flyers have ceded not only this title, but both games in the process. Second Best Flight-Related Team (as determined by head-to-head matchups) is no way to go through life, Flyers, and I hope Peter Laviolette has so advised you prior to puck drop tonight at the Wells Fargo Center.
I also hope Lavvy’s reminded you, somewhat uncharacteristically, that there’s absolutely no reason the Jets should be able to put up those kinds of numbers against you. A look at why, as well as the return of a certain Mr. Jagr, below.
The Jets are hovering at 22-22-6, five points out of the playoff bubble. They’re also 22nd in the league in goals per game, this despite hanging eleventy goals on the Flyers so far. They have a middle-of-the-pack power play and are missing a key offensive weapon from their blue line with Dustin Byfuglien out tonight. Also out is Evander Kane, whose 18 goals and 13 assists are sidelined with a dreaded concussion.
The Little C is still affecting the Flyers lineup too, with Danny Briere and JVR skating today but not ready to play yet. One top-six forward will return though, or at least will try to. Jaromir Jagr has declared himself ready to rejoin his All-Star linemates.
Ilya Bryzgalov gets the first post-ASG turn in net.
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|ochospantalones on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages