Mar 5, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
The conspiracy theory coming out of Los Angeles — the one I just made up while sitting here in Philly — is that the Kings rented 20,000 hats as a fake show of good will and then needed a way to get them back.
That is to say: Jeff Carter scored a natural hat trick on Monday night — when the Kings were giving away free hats.
L.A. has won eight of its last 10 games and Carter has scored 8 goals in his last seven games. He’s tied with Pittsburgh’s James Neal for second in the NHL with 14 goals. They trail only Steven Stamkos, who has 17.
Video of the trick from the NHL (via PHT):
First one to leave a “Who cares? He doesn’t play here anymore” comment gets a free beer on me. Everyone else loses.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages