Apr 23, 2013, 12:54 PM EST
Yes, the Flyers still have a couple of games to play out the string. No, Kimmo Timonen will not play in them. He’s going to sit the remainder of the season with a compression fracture in his right foot. But if you’re looking for something to watch for on the ice, check out a couple of the youngsters they’ve called up.
From the CSN game notes:
The Flyers called up forwards Tye McGinn, Scott Laughton and Jason
Akeson as well as defenseman Matt Konan from their AHL affiliate, the
Adirondack Phantoms, on Monday.
McGinn has appeared in 18 games
for the Flyers this season, recording three goals, two assists and 19
penalty minutes. He missed six games after suffering a broken orbital
bone in a fight with Toronto’s Mike Brown and was later sent down to the
Phantoms for conditioning and more ice time.
As the CSN story mentions, you won’t see Laughton in any game action as one more game would burn a year off his entry-level contract, but the experience of practicing and being around the team can only help.
And finally, you have to think the Flyers missing the playoffs at this point was a good thing. Without a healthy Kimmo, this team doesn’t do squat in the playoffs aside from generate a little extra revenue. Instead, they’ll be better positioned in the coming draft.
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages