Apr 22, 2011, 7:46 PM EST
Those “Let’s Go Flyers!” chants you may have heard from the drunk fans at the Brewers blowout of the Phillies Tuesday at Citizens Bank Park certainly won’t be the last time you hear cheers for the orange and black at the ballpark, but new rumors surfacing this morning point to the entire 45,000+ crowd cheering on the Flyers — at least for one chilly winter day.
The Daily News’ Frank Seravalli wrote this morning that there are rumblings of the NHL’s Winter Classic being played at Citizens Bank Park in 2012, “A league source familiar with the NHL’s thinking regarding the 2012 Winter Classic told the Daily News yesterday that Citizens Bank Park is a “very real possibility” to host the event.”
It doesn’t have a ton of foundation, and would contradict the last reports that said the NHL wanted NFL stadiums for this, but any chatter that has Philly a likely destination is fine by us.
The Eagles also play on New Year’s Day at the Linc, but don’t get your hopes up of a Mummer’s-Eagles-Flyers super trifecta as Seravalli points out that the NHL may not want to go up against the NFL on a Sunday, and instead could have the game played on New Year’s Eve next season in prime time.
Ringing in the New Year in freezing temperatures while watching the Flyers play at our beloved ballpark? I’d be in.
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages