Oct 27, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
Eric Lindros got Flyers fans’ hopes of seeing a Legion of Doom reunion at the Winter Classic Alumni Game way up earlier in the week when he said Paul Holmgren had reached out to him and that he plans to skate in the game at Citizens Bank Park. The only problem with the Legion of Doom reunion being locked up was that nobody had been in touch with Mikael Renberg to get him to Philly. Until now at least.
According to a recent Swedish report, found by Bill Meltzer this morning, and expanded upon at Puck Daddy, Renberg will not be able to make it to Philly for the Winter Classic. He can’t get off of work.
The Legion of Doom alum is working as a commentator and has to work on December 31st covering Sweden vs. Russia in the 2012 World Junior Championships.
Renberg had this to say via the Swedish website, “Of course it would be nice to meet up with Eric and John but now I have a contract with SVT and have to do my job.”
Just more proof that jobs suck. Shoulda saved a couple PTO days for a time just like this!
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return