Jul 5, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
Danny Briere calls Philadelphia home. He just hopes to be a thorn in the sides of its hockey fans for a couple more years.
It was no secret Briere wanted to stay in the Eastern Conference, preferably as close to his three as possible. With the Montreal Canadiens reportedly being one of the teams to lose out on Vinny Lecavalier, the franchise turned its attention toward the former Flyer, agreeing on a two-year contract worth $8 million prior to free agency opening on Friday.
Sarah Baicker caught up with Briere, who said he was honored to join the Canadiens – coincidentally the franchise he spurned to sign with the Flyers back in 2007. However, most of all he sounded eager to prove there is something left in the tank to the organization that bought out the remaining two years of his contract.
“I have nothing bad to say about the Flyers,” Briere said Thursday. “But [the buyout] is a source of motivation, sure.”
“I’ve things to prove, sure,” he said. “Got in late last year, what with the injuries. I’m looking forward to redeeming myself. This is why this is an easy decision. There’s no better form of motivation, and I will do everything to get back to form. I wish to prove to all that last year was a fluke.”
Glad to see Briere landed with a quality organization – Montreal was the No. 2 seed in the East this past season. However, I can’t help but feel the sneaking suspicion he is going to be a Flyer killer during those two seasons with the Canadiens. Dude is just clutch like that.
Would hate to run into him in the playoffs, that’s for sure.
Previously: One Final Goodbye to Danny Briere
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages