May 3, 2012, 1:58 AM EST
It took nearly 115 minutes, or roughly the length of two games, to decide Game 3 between the Rangers and Capitals, but Marion Gaborik put an end to the madness at 14:11 in triple overtime — also known as early Thursday morning.
New York wins/leads the series 2-1.
The action was back and forth like a heavyweight fight, but both goaltenders were up to the task. Henrik Lundqvist and Braden Holtby combined to stop 92 shots before Gaborik accepted Brad Richards’ uncontested feed right in front of the net and slipped the disc through Holtby’s five hole. Ironically, he might score that goal 90 out 100 opportunities.
Brian Boyle’s sweater was covered with dried blood. Regardless of affiliation, the game was a classic.
|Chucky on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Jay D on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|Get Animax Ointment on Shocker: Some People in Baseba…|
|Chris on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages