Feb 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Not trying to jinx anything, but the Flyers have a few solid trends on their side this evening in Toronto.
Starting with Danny Briere, the Maple Leafs are one of five teams Briere has averaged better than a point per game against in his career.
Kings: 22 G, 25 Pts, 1.14 PPG
Flyers (go figure): 16 G, 18 Pts, 1.13 PPG
Jets/Thrashers: 30 G, 33 Pts, 1.1 PPG
Maple Leafs: 40 G, 43 Pts, 1.08 PPG
Blue Jackets: 13 G, 13 Pts, 1 PPG
Against no team has Briere scored more points in his career.
Then there’s Iyla Bryzgalov. In six games against the Maple Leafs (four starts), Bryz is 5-0 with a 1.21 GAA and a .956 save percentage. Against no team does Bryzgalov have a lower GAA nor a higher save percentage.
The Flyers won their last meeting with the Leafs 7-1, and as CSNPhilly’s Tim Riday points out, won all four meetings last season by a combined 16-6 margin. Actually, the Flyers haven’t lost to Toronto since March 3, 2011 and haven’t lost in Toronto since Jan. 14, 2010. They’re 7-1 over the last two seasons against the Leafs. For reference, here’s the Canadian Press‘ lead from the last time these two teams met:
TORONTO — At last there is nothing left to say.
With their exasperated fans chanting “Let’s Go Blue Jays!” and their home losing streak having plunged to a new low, the Toronto Maple Leafs were completely out of answers.
This picture from that same evening also warmed our hearts.
But that’s all in the past, as is the draft-day trade that swapped James van Riemsdyk for Luke Schenn. Tonight will be L. Schenn’s first trip back to Air Canada Centre and Reemer’s first game against his old mates.
Finally, despite all the good news above, the Flyers haven’t been so good on the road so far this season. They’re just 1-5 away from Wells Fargo Center and tonight kicks off a season-long, six-game road trip that will Peter Laviolette’s team to Winnipeg, New Jersey, Montreal, Long Island and Pittsburgh.
Puck drop is set for 7 p.m., can be seen on CSN and heard on WMMR.
How do you feel? Reemer has “mixed emotions.” Maybe give this guy a call and pick his brain, Evan?
|Northeast Philly on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Hiccup on The current Papelbon header on…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Photo: I think there’s a…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages