Jan 14, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
At a time when fans and media alike are wondering the degree to which James van Riemsdyk is slowed by a possible hip injury, and trade rumors once again encircle the third-year Flyer, he’ll now be sidelined with a concussion.
Per Paul Holmgren: “James was hit in the head in each of our last two games. He reported yesterday, not feeling like himself. He will be out indefinitely with a concussion.”
Defensemen league-wide are unpacking their bags, canceling those apartment hunters in Philly. The Flyers, meanwhile are without a winger who’s had a relatively quiet season, but is a dangerous scorer nonetheless. Hopefully this will be on the day-to-day end of the “indefinitely” spectrum, rather than the black hole at the other.
Video of one of the possible conc-causers below.
Tim Panaccio talked to some players who said the initial hit was actually against Ottawa. Dave Isaac points us in the direction of this video, which is tough to see how hard he was actually hit in:
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money