Jan 14, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
At a time when fans and media alike are wondering the degree to which James van Riemsdyk is slowed by a possible hip injury, and trade rumors once again encircle the third-year Flyer, he’ll now be sidelined with a concussion.
Per Paul Holmgren: “James was hit in the head in each of our last two games. He reported yesterday, not feeling like himself. He will be out indefinitely with a concussion.”
Defensemen league-wide are unpacking their bags, canceling those apartment hunters in Philly. The Flyers, meanwhile are without a winger who’s had a relatively quiet season, but is a dangerous scorer nonetheless. Hopefully this will be on the day-to-day end of the “indefinitely” spectrum, rather than the black hole at the other.
Video of one of the possible conc-causers below.
Tim Panaccio talked to some players who said the initial hit was actually against Ottawa. Dave Isaac points us in the direction of this video, which is tough to see how hard he was actually hit in:
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return