Jul 5, 2011, 9:31 AM EDT
Welcome back to the Internet. Hopefully your weekend was full of grilled meats, frosty beverages, and lots of stuff blowing up in the sky.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the stuff you may have missed over the weekend.
-Toronto fans were so excited to see Roy Halladay back in town this weekend they decided to act like Philly fans. The US Presswire photo above by Tom Szczerbowski shows a Blue Jays fan getting captured in more ways than one after running on the field at the Rogers Centre.
-But not all of Canada is as unruly. These fans showed their respect to Roy Halladay in the form of some humor.
-Oh yeah, the Flyers did some stuff too. Jaromir Jagr is a Flyer. Read Matt’s thoughts on that move here.
-More on the Flyers big day in free agency here.
-Giants closer Brian Wilson has some anger management issues.
-The AT&T National wrapped up on Sunday with Nick Watney taking home the trophy. What does the future of professional golf in Philadelphia look like?
-The Phillies are sending Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels, and Placido Polanco to the All-Star Game this year. Shane Victorino has a shot as well, so go vote for him.
-Finally, this is how I spent my weekend:
|mfrey0118 on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|frank on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|Sid on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money