Jan 25, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
Even without captain Sidney Crosby — who still struggles to return from ongoing concussion issues — the Pittsburgh Penguins are creeping up the standings.
Following a six game losing streak — the team’s longest since 2006 — the Penguins have won their last seven straight and now sit in fifth place in the Eastern Conference, just three points behind your Philadelphia Flyers.
Forward James Neal scored his 27th goal of the season in last night’s shootout win over St. Louis and was just named to the All-Star Team to replace Alexander Ovechkin, while goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury has started 16 of the team’s last 17 games and isn’t showing any signs of needing a rest.
With New Jersey’s improved play of late (the Devils are holding down the eighth spot in the conference), four of the five teams in the Atlantic Division would qualify for the playoffs if they were to start today.
With the NHL’s unofficial second half set to get underway after this weekend’s All-Star extravaganza, the Flyers’ Atlantic Division matchups only figure to grow tougher, and presumably nastier.
|ochospantalones on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Franchise on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|drew on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages