Jan 25, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
For a guy who scored 20-plus goals in eight consecutive NHL
seasons, Mike Knuble’s production fell off of a cliff with the Washington
Capitals last season, and his playing time went along with it. In 72 games, Knuble
found twine just six times with only 12 helpers while posting a career-worst
-15. Now the Flyers are hoping to squeeze whatever ability is left out of the
40 year old winger while Scott Hartnell is on the mend.
Knuble spoke to reporters on Friday about how he could help
the Flyers in his second stint with the organization, including what his role on
the ice might be, and whether he could be in uniform as early as the club’s
next game against Florida on Saturday.
fitting into the lineup:
I think I’ll be ready for anything.
I’m pretty realistic that for a guy like me, you’re going to be a spot-filler,
going to fill some holes at times, and come in and do what’s asked of you, play
where you need to play. You’re going to go out and try to do your best in
that role that night and try to do what you can do. I just need to be ready to
move around, probably a lot, and be ready for anything.
you play this weekend?
It’s up to [the team], it’s their
decision and what they do, but I‘m eligible and I’m ready to go. It’s
going to be a little bit of a work in progress. I know everybody’s got a
couple games under their belt already. I played one the other day in the [AHL].
So I guess that’s going to have to do for now.
Obviously Knuble was a popular player here for four seasons
between 2005-09, and he also reflected on not wanting to leave Philadelphia in
the first place. Now that he’s back, do you think he has enough to left in the
tank to at least pitch in while we wait for Hartsy to get right?
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages