Jan 25, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
For a guy who scored 20-plus goals in eight consecutive NHL
seasons, Mike Knuble’s production fell off of a cliff with the Washington
Capitals last season, and his playing time went along with it. In 72 games, Knuble
found twine just six times with only 12 helpers while posting a career-worst
-15. Now the Flyers are hoping to squeeze whatever ability is left out of the
40 year old winger while Scott Hartnell is on the mend.
Knuble spoke to reporters on Friday about how he could help
the Flyers in his second stint with the organization, including what his role on
the ice might be, and whether he could be in uniform as early as the club’s
next game against Florida on Saturday.
fitting into the lineup:
I think I’ll be ready for anything.
I’m pretty realistic that for a guy like me, you’re going to be a spot-filler,
going to fill some holes at times, and come in and do what’s asked of you, play
where you need to play. You’re going to go out and try to do your best in
that role that night and try to do what you can do. I just need to be ready to
move around, probably a lot, and be ready for anything.
you play this weekend?
It’s up to [the team], it’s their
decision and what they do, but I‘m eligible and I’m ready to go. It’s
going to be a little bit of a work in progress. I know everybody’s got a
couple games under their belt already. I played one the other day in the [AHL].
So I guess that’s going to have to do for now.
Obviously Knuble was a popular player here for four seasons
between 2005-09, and he also reflected on not wanting to leave Philadelphia in
the first place. Now that he’s back, do you think he has enough to left in the
tank to at least pitch in while we wait for Hartsy to get right?
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return