Jun 5, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Mark Recchi already owns several records in his career, including the most points in a single season by a Philadelphia Flyer (123 in ’92-’93). Most of his marks are in large part due to his ability to keep playing a very physical sport long after the game leaves many younger men gasping for air. Last night, Recchi added another record to his Wikipedia page, becoming the oldest player to score a goal in a Stanley Cup Final.
Recchi is the NHL’s oldest active player at 43, and he took the honors from Igor Larionov, who had held the mark since 1992 when he tallied for the Red Wings at age 41.
The Bruins would lose the game though, and they now face a 2-0 deficit as the series heads to Boston. B’s fans can’t be too thrilled that player many thought should be suspended after a game 1 biting incident, Alex Burrows, scored a pair of goals in the game, including the OT winner.
So where are you in your spectrum of Recchi nostalgia? Has he been gone (and playing for hated rivals) long enough that you’re no longer a fan? Or will his efforts as a two-time Flyer supersede the image of his arms raised in a Bruins/Penguins/Canadiens/Lightning/Hurricanes/Thrashers uni?Photo by Jerry Lai-US Presswire
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return