Jul 3, 2012, 6:13 PM EST
You won’t be seeing any Jagr salutes in orange and black next season as ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun tweeted that Jaromir Jagr has agreed to a one-year contract with the Dallas Starts to be worth roughly $4.5 million. That’s a hefty raise over the $3.3 he made in Philadelphia last season.
Jagr had a real nice season with the Flyers and gave youngsters like Claude Giroux a Hall of Fame player with the work ethic of a champion to look up to. His play throughout the regular season was surprisngly productive, 19 goals and 35 assists in 73 games played.
Whether it was a nagging injury or age catching up to him, Jagr didn’t look the same in the playoffs, looking slow at times and finishing the postseason with 1 goal and 7 helpers.
At $4.5 million, you have to wish Jagr well in Dallas and look to put whatever money you had set aside for him (a lot less than $4.5m, I’m sure) to a younger player who can step in and bring a bit more speed in the postseason. Jagr’s presence will certainly be missed though.
Get that paper, Jaromir.
Hearing that Jaromir Jagr has agreed to one-year, $4.5-million deal with the Dallas Stars
— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) July 3, 2012
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|Jason R. on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|ochospantalones on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages