Jul 23, 2012, 2:41 PM EST
After many months of speculation, including multiple flirtations with the Flyers, the Columbus Blue Jackets have finally separated with captain Rick Nash. Unfortunately for the Orange and Black, they’ll still be seeing a lot of the five-time All Star after all.
As initially reported by TSN’s Darren Dreger, Nash appears to be heading to the Big Apple on Monday after the New York Rangers sent a package of four pieces: Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, prospect Tim Erixon, and a first-round pick. It sounds like no small price to pay for sure, though certainly not even close to what Columbus was holding out for — and in the scary-deep Atlantic Division, obviously the Rangers felt they needed to do something to keep up the pace.
Update: the Rangers also get a conditional third-round pick and minor leaguer Steven Deslisle in return.
It’s not unreasonable to conclude, as several have already, that Philly’s offer sheet to Shea Weber prompted action on New York’s part. Adding a player who has averaged 32 goals a season over his nine-year career is a worthy counter punch.
The Rangers finished on top of the Atlantic last season, one point ahead of the Penguins and six above the Flyers, before falling in the Eastern Conference Finals to New Jersey. NY also defeated Philly in all six head-to-heads.
At least it’s over, but for Flyers fans, not exactly a happy ending — unless of course Weber winds up a Flyer two days from now.
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return