Jul 23, 2012, 2:41 PM EST
After many months of speculation, including multiple flirtations with the Flyers, the Columbus Blue Jackets have finally separated with captain Rick Nash. Unfortunately for the Orange and Black, they’ll still be seeing a lot of the five-time All Star after all.
As initially reported by TSN’s Darren Dreger, Nash appears to be heading to the Big Apple on Monday after the New York Rangers sent a package of four pieces: Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, prospect Tim Erixon, and a first-round pick. It sounds like no small price to pay for sure, though certainly not even close to what Columbus was holding out for — and in the scary-deep Atlantic Division, obviously the Rangers felt they needed to do something to keep up the pace.
Update: the Rangers also get a conditional third-round pick and minor leaguer Steven Deslisle in return.
It’s not unreasonable to conclude, as several have already, that Philly’s offer sheet to Shea Weber prompted action on New York’s part. Adding a player who has averaged 32 goals a season over his nine-year career is a worthy counter punch.
The Rangers finished on top of the Atlantic last season, one point ahead of the Penguins and six above the Flyers, before falling in the Eastern Conference Finals to New Jersey. NY also defeated Philly in all six head-to-heads.
At least it’s over, but for Flyers fans, not exactly a happy ending — unless of course Weber winds up a Flyer two days from now.
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|luke jenkins on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages