May 22, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Scary news out of the Czech Republic this morning as Flyers winger Jake Voracek was reportedly in a car crash that left his Ferrari totalled. The photos of the crash and story were posted on the Sport.cz website. We believe the accident took place in or near his hometown of Kladno, Czech Republic.
The good news is that there were remarkably no injuries according to the Czech story.
Here’s a very rough Google Translate of the key details:
Twenty-three winger, who defends the colors NHL Philadelphia was driving too fast for a truck. The driver then started to turn left and therefore slowed down. Voráček did not manage to stop in time and crashed into the left side of the truck. “The accident occurred at 11:30 am on the road to the town of Kladno Braškov. During the accident no one was injured, alcohol was similar for both drivers on the spot expelled breath test,” she said in an interview Sport.cz Kladno police spokeswoman Michaela Novakova, which then outlining the amount of damages.
We’ll update this post as more of the facts become clear.
Update: The Flyers released the following statement from Paul Holmgren: “I spoke with Jake this morning. He was involved in a car accident in the Czech Republic. Although his car did suffer damage, there were no injuries. Jake is fine.”
Voracek to me: “All good bud. No injuries, no alcohol.”
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) May 22, 2013
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return