Scott Hartnell and James van Riemsdyk Are Staging an Amusing Fundraiser to Their Own Potential Embarrassment
Dec 4, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
The NHL Lockout doesn’t seem to have slowed down Scott Hartnell.
First, he put together Operation Hat Trick in Atlantic City, and now he’s doing this nice bit of charity work with former Flyer James van Riemsdyk.
From their Power of 2 page:
Power of 2 is a Public Inc. initiative aimed at unlocking the power of celebrity for social good. The principle is simple. 2 celebrities go head-to-head to see who can raise the most money for the charity that they are passionate about. The ask of their fans is to give and get 2 friends to do the same, for a chance at a grand prize. To up the ante (and the fun) there is a wager on the campaign between the two celebrities – something that is funny, mildly embarrassing and ultimately ‘motivating’.
In this case, and as you can see in the graphic above, the funny, mildly embarrassing and ultimately ‘motivating’ wager is that the loser — well, the guy who raises less — has to do his holiday shopping in full hockey equipment. We guess this means they’ll have to put those blade protectors or their skates.
Each donation enters you to win two free tickets to a game in either Philly or Toronto and a meet-and-greet with either Hartsy or Reemer while there. Just like the AC game, the money raised goes to Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
Click here to donate and enter the contest.
If you give, who are you crediting your money to and why? For instance, a HartnellDown in the Best Buy on Delaware Ave. would be pretty amusing.
|galasso2586 on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
|craig on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|galasso2586 on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Simmonds17 on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages