Apr 15, 2012, 6:45 PM EST
Things got ugly late in the Flyers 8-4 absolute butt-whipping of the Pittsburgh Penguins. At one point late in the third with the game already decided, Scott Hartnell was being restrained rather awkwardly by Sidney Crosby when Hartsy was attacked by another Penguin, Craig Adams.
Unlike Crosby, Hartnell was willing to dance with whoever wanted to drop the gloves. Hartnell and Adams never really landed many punches, but the Penguin certainly managed to pull Scott Hartnell’s hair. It was just the latest in a long line of gutless Penguins moves. [video below]
After the scuffle, Hartnell played the role of pump-up man to perfection to get the Wells Fargo Center crowd into an absolute frenzy. As if they weren’t frothing at the mouth already.
Not to be outdone, Hulk Hogan himself appeared on the jumbotron to deliver a pro-Flyers message. Our beloved teeth-less Cooter got quite a chuckle out of Hulkamania making a cameo.
If you’re not familiar with the Hartnell-Hulkster connection, it stems from a regular season game in Pittsburgh when a Penguins’ fan dressed up in a full Hulk-like getup was taunting Hartnell only to have Harsty taunt right back. Watch video of that here.
Here’s the fight and hair-pull incident that lead to the Hartnell pump-up: (video of Hulk’s appearance below)
Here’s the real Hulk:
And the actual video shown on the jumbotron featuring Hulk:
Flyers Fan Trolls Sidney Crosby Hard | VIDEO:
Arron Asham and James Neal Are Terrible People | Monday’s
Daily News Cover Is Beautiful | Sidney
Crosby Doesn’t Like the Flyers Because He Doesn’t Like the
The t-shirts given out before the game were perfectly darn fitting as well. AP Photo:
|The People's Champ on Per Freddie Mitchell, Eagles l…|
|solidsender on We’re comparing Michael…|
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages