Nov 16, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
Tickets went on sale this morning for Operation Hat Trick, a charity hockey game on November 24th featuring a number of NHL players (if there were an NHL) at Boardwalk Hall that will benefit the American Red Cross in their efforts to help those devastated by Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey.
At first, I thought “who would want to go watch a pickup hockey game at the shore?”
But then I saw Scott Hartnell was involved, and while we all may be pissed at the NHL for not playing any damn games at the moment and potentially canceling an entire season, we shouldn’t personally hold that against Hartsy. We miss Hartsy.
Other Flyers/former Flyers/guys-who-were-almost-Flyers-once that are
playing include Brad Richards, Ryan Callahan, Simon Gagne, and Kimo
Timmonen. We hear Rick Tochet is going to coach.
Here’s what the curly one told the Mystery Muncher, Tim Panaccio, yesterday:
“Brad Richards will captain the one team and I’ll captain the other,”
Hartnell said of the game at Boardwalk Hall. “This is pretty cool.
Brad’s been doing stuff out there on Staten Island. Maybe we’ll have
some Rangers-Flyers battles out there.”
Henrik Luneqvist will be coming over from Sweden to play in the game so don’t expect any Flyers to score.
Also, Atlantic City has casinos.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages