Nov 7, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
A man cannot live on rappelling off buildings alone. Thus, Max Talbot is going to Finland.
Ilves of SM-liiga has announced a deal with the Flyer on its website.
According to ProHockeyTalk, who can translate the Finnish from the announcement on the team’s website:
The deal appears to be contingent on the current work stoppage. The Ilves website classifies alludes to a “lockout agreement” suggesting that, if CBA talks go sideways and the lockout appears primed to go longer, Talbot will jump the pond.
Although, as PHT pointed out, and as you can see above, Talbot already has his own profile page on the club site.
“I would consider going overseas, just to get a little competition and practice with a team and get ready – ‘cause you never know when [the NHL is] gonna start again,” Talbot said. “It could happen really quick, faster than people think.”
As for what’s actually going on with the NHL, the league and union continue to meet in a secret location, with most writers praising them for hiding themselves away so they can really get down to business. It’s a low bar.
The two sides are reportedly going to discuss the infamous “make whole” provision today.
But really, they’re just hanging out here.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages