Jun 22, 2012, 12:38 PM EST
Stuck behind Ilya Bryzgalov, a consensus was built last season that Sergei Bobrovsky’s future was more than likely not as a backup in Philadelphia.
And though his named hadn’t been mentioned in any recent reports — a la JVR — today’s news isn’t all that surprising.
Aaron Potzline of the Columbus Dispatch has confirmed an initial report from TSN’s Darren Dreger that the Flyers have shipped Bobrovsky to the Blue Jackets for three draft picks, including the 45th overall selection in tonight’s draft. Prior to the trade, the Flyers did not have a 2012 second round selection.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie says the other two picks are fourth rounders — the 117th overall in tonight’s draft and a selection in 2013.
PHT notes that Bobrovsky is expected to challenge current Columbus netminder Steve Mason for the starting job next season.
All in all, a pretty solid haul, and a deeper draft for the Flyers, who had been a little light on picks heading into the weekend.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages